A Natural Fix for your Furry Friend
So, Fido bumped his head and he’s a little out of sorts. The vet advised that he might have trouble eating from nausea and will also experience soreness. As you carefully examine the prescription, (like the exceptional puppy parent that you are) you realise that in an attempt to alleviate these symptoms, the medicine might actually cause more severe reactions.
Cue the alternative.
We’re now collectively turning to more holistic methods of treatment for our ailments and it's no surprise that we want our four-legged beloveds to experience the same benefits that we do! As we become more conscious of what we put in our bodies, we have sought natural remedies such as CBD. CBD is becoming increasingly popular and we are now finding that it is just as safe to treat our pets' conditions as our own. (yay!) So how can we use this to aid in the wellbeing of our snuggly companions?
What Is CBD?
Let’s break it down.
CBD is a compound that is extracted from both cannabis and hemp. When we hear words like cannabis, many of us automatically associate it with getting high. It's super important to note that CBD does not contain delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) which is responsible for the psychoactive properties linked to marijuana.
When consumed, cannabinoids found in the CBD interact with the endocannabinoid receptors located in the central and peripheral nervous systems. These systems are responsible for maintaining balance in the body and the introduction of CBD helps restore cannabinoid levels to their normal state.
Our bodies were designed to work with cannabinoids. They produce a harmonious effect that is essential to our overall health and wellness. Luckily for our pups, their bodies have the same cannabinoid receptors, so they are able to achieve the same benefits that result from CBD.
The Benefits of CBD
Holistic veterinarians are praising CBD oil, as it is a natural extract that provides a wide range of benefits. A large number of pet owners are happy to report that they've noticed a tremendous improvement in the overall health of their pets with minimal to no side effects. When incorporating CBD into your pet's regimen, you can expect the following:
- Pain Management from Disease – Studies have revealed that CBD has the ability to reduce pain caused by illnesses, in addition to providing free radicals.
- Reduced Anxiety– All dog breeds and sizes are disposed to stress and anxiety throughout their lifetime. The most common causes of stress are separation anxiety and environmental issues such as thunderstorms and travelling. In humans, CBD oil is known for successfully treating anxiety disorders, post-traumatic stress disorders and panic disorders.
- Improved Immune System– CBD strengthens the immune system which allows it to create more cells that have the ability to ward off nasty bugs.
- Pain Relief– Scientists in the United States have conducted research and studies surrounding the use of CBD to relieve pain. The results of their study are phenomenal and led to an endorsement of CBD as a new class of drug for chronic pain treatment. The research revealed CBD reduced nerve-related pain and inflammation throughout the entire body.
- Protected Nervous System– Dogs that suffer with nerve and spine issues can be managed with CBD to reduce anxiety and manage pain.
- Increased Appetite – When your dog is sick, this sometimes leads to a decrease in appetite. The lack of vitamins and nutrition can make health conditions worsen.
- Seizure management– Significant evidence has shown that CBD greatly reduces Epilepsy. In a recent study, patients who took CBD experienced 42% less seizures, on average than those who did not.
- Reduced anti-nausea affects – When traveling with your pet, they are susceptible to experiencing nausea. CBD is a great way to prepare your pup for a car or plane ride.
Choosing CBD for your Pup
As you embark on your CBD journey, you’ll stumble across a variety of products readily available for your pet’s specific needs. While having options is great, some products could be potentially harmful or ineffective.
Funding for this industry is continually growing, so we’re learning how to offer the most efficient CBD products for your pup! Broad-spectrum CBD is becoming widespread, as it unleashes the Entourage Effect, which basically creates a heightened sense of relief that would not otherwise exist. Breakthrough findings such as this reveal a glimpse of the promising future and evolution of CBD products.
Taily™ understands the importance of your pet's happiness and health. Our broad-spectrum CBD oil is thoughtfully curated, made with love and backed by science to nourish and protect your furry friends. From animal lovers to another - we stand behind our products, so you and your pup can rest easy.